Saturday, April 22, 2023

Happy New Year! - AKA Three Months of Terror! & Joy!

 Ah, there's nothing like the stress of waiting for your work visa to come in, like the proverbial ship. Except it wasn't a non-existent ship, it was an inevitability. I couldn't have know that the whole time though. In the words of the inimitable Philomena Cunk, it was as culturally significant an event as the release of Beyoncé's 'Single Ladies.' That was the kind of thing that I needed to preoccupy me, lest I go crazy with stress.

But seriously...

The past 9 1/2 months have been some of the most life-changing months.

And now, I'm here.

I have my own place, in Grey Lynn!

And tonight I experienced some genuine Kiwi Karenism. Right here in the neighborhood.

13 FISHERTON STREET, GREY LYNN, AUCKLAND 1021 NEW ZEALAND

Tell everyone you know - serious grade A assholes at this residence. Seriously, everyone should know. The kind of rich white entitled assholes that have surveillance cameras and study them often. The kind that will send out their gym-rat finest to go harass the poor schmuck--me!--that just wants to find the right address. Yes, for a fucking Grindr hookup. Are you happy? I'm not ashamed.

I'm sure the fact that I was white had something to do with this fucking Karen-man finally relenting when I told him I was just trying to find a different address. "Have a nice evening," he says. GO FUCK YOURSELF, YOU FUCKING PRICK! You don't your god-damned cameras because you're fucking FINE! You will always be fine, you fucking twat.

I really hate people like this. And he had his Karen wife backing him up, gaining up on me. Fucking cunts, all of them. I looked up this property. It's going for NZ $3.87 million--$2.36 million in USD--just the sort of wealth that makes certain people into certain kind of assholes. The kind I had to put up with.

This post was seriously supposed to be much cheerier.

I promise to be more upbeat next time.

No comments: