Thursday, August 08, 2013

Murder and Hate In My Back Yard

Mark Carson's death is a wake-up call for all of us. We need a ban on all hand guns, and I don't  give a flying fuck whether you think this will stop criminals from killing, the fact is it will, asshole. I don't want a stupid gun. This murdering hate-mongering piece of filth a.k.a. Elliot Morales should never see the light of day, but I'm not angling for his torture in solitary confinement in our abysmal prison system.

The U.S. to a great extent harbors and nourishes a culture of death like no other in the Western world. America is a nation that arms itself to the teeth with increasingly lethal and military-style firearm, yet nary a firearm death is reported as an act of self-defense. Add to that our utterly stupid political class that fetishizes the notion of a Wild West -- the myth of carrying around AR-15s in the farcical hope they will protect against intruders is indeed a deadly one -- statistics tell us that more deaths arise in households with guns than those without them.

I really hate our culture, and I no longer feel safe here. I'm finding myself longing for a safer place to live in Europe, maybe even Canada, a place where sane gun laws and gun control do indeed result in orders of magnitude fewer deaths by guns.

I hate guns. Period, now. I don't give a fuck about the Second Amendment. It is our death sentence.

No comments: